West Sussex County Council and the West Sussex Districts and Boroughs are launching a new programme of business support – Let’s Go! Net Zero, aimed at supporting small and medium sized enterprises who either have not yet taken any action to lower their carbon footprint, or who are in the very early stages of making their business more sustainable. They are working with the Green Growth Platform at the University of Brighton and local SME Low Carbon Leaders to deliver a year-long programme of work (ending March 2024). The programme will:
- Meet SMEs ‘where they are’, working through existing business networks to inspire and influence
- Use the voice of business and peer networks to encourage action
- Focus on the business benefits of reducing carbon
- Recruit 12 Green Business Champions from businesses that have already realised the benefits of becoming ‘greener’, to share the messaging
- Deliver a series of demonstrator events, hosted by businesses who have already taken action, to encourage the late adopters and share best practice
Click here for more.