The TRANSFORM programme, part-funded by the European Social Fund, and led by East Sussex County Council, raises the profile of apprenticeships and skills training in East Sussex amongst SMEs, and other businesses, and will support SMEs to access government incentives and unspent Levy funds, to pay for apprenticeship training.
Through the programme SCTP will:
- deliver training to business support organisations to raise awareness of government funded skills provision available to SMEs,
- work closely with the East Sussex Growth Hub,
- project manage the annual East Sussex apprenticeship roadshow events, which bring together employers, training providers and would-be apprentices,
- work with levy paying businesses, to encourage and support them to transfer unspent levy into the county,
- provide a minimum of 150 SMEs with impartial advice on apprenticeships and skills, signposting to appropriate training provision,
- support SMEs to access unspent Apprenticeship Levy funds from Levy payers, such as East Sussex County Council.
This is an exciting project that will make a significant difference to the apprenticeship landscape and skills support for SMEs in East Sussex. This project is being delivered in East Sussex through a South East Local Enterprise Partnership opportunity.
If you are an employer and interested in learning more about apprenticeships and skills development opportunities for your workforce, get in touch now, the Transform team would be happy to help.
TRANSFORM has been part funded by the European Social Fund 2014-20. It is a partnership between East Sussex County Council and Sussex Council of Training Providers.
The project is receiving up to £300,000 of funding from the European Social Fund (ESF) as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England. The Department for Work and Pensions is the Managing Authority for the England ESF programme. Established by the European Union ESF funds help local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, skills development, job creation, social inclusion and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.