Start Your Career With Moving On Up – For East Sussex residents living in any temporary housing or at risk of homelessness
Are you an East Sussex employer, looking to make a different in your local community? This is your opportunity to change a life, whilst also recruiting the skills you need. Moving On Up supports East Sussex residents living in temporary housing to secure employment and permanent housing.
As an employer on the scheme, you will:
- Claim up to £1,500 Moving On Up employer incentive which could help with salary or training costs.
- Offer a minimum wage of £12,000 per year.
- Receive full impartial guidance and support to take on your apprentice or employee.
- Be allocated a mentor for you and your apprentice or employee.
Candidate on the scheme will receive:
- Help to secure employment or an apprenticeship with a living wage and great prospects.
- Pre-employment training and in-work mentoring support.
- Practical help to secure permanent accommodation including access to a generous bursary for a rental deposit.
Be part of a collective of employers making a real different to people’s lives. To join or for more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A list of current vacancies is available on the Moving On Up vacancies page.
Moving On Up has been funded via Covid Outbreak Management Fund and is led by East Sussex County Council.